Classic apple pie sure to warm you up on a chilly fall night, or any time of day.
|1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie||1/2 cup salted butter|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour||1/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup white sugar||1/2 cup packed brown sugar|
|8 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced|
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350°F (175°C)
- Bake for 35-45 more minutes until apples are soft.
Lattice Pie Top Instructions (Optional):
- Prepare the pie dough (you need about 3 inches beyond the diameter of your pie dish.)
- Cut dough into even strips.
- Fill the pie, and then lay down the strips.
- Start weaving the cross strips. Place one strip of dough perpendicular to the parallel strips. Then unfold the strips over the perpendicular strips.
- Fold and weave parallel strips. Continue until finished.
- Trim the dough and crimp edges.
- Bake pie as instructed above.